Ecosure can help you reduce your environmental impact and reduce your costs at the same time. An Ecosure EMS will serve you, not the other way around. We make EMS development as easy as possible, by working with you to build on your existing practices. We take the time to get to know your business, identify your business goals and ensure that your EMS will help you get there. Supported by Ecosure’s existing consultancy expertise, our EMS team is ideally placed to assist businesses to develop and implement an EMS.
For more information about:
The suite of EMS services Ecosure offers includes:
- gap analysis of current practices against EMS requirements
- risk assessment and prioritisation
- on-site assessment of impacts
- Ecomapping your site
- identification of relevant legislation & regulations
- identification of relevant industry codes of practice and best management practices
- identification of relevant regional targets
- legal compliance review
- management procedures assessment
- staff, stakeholder and contractor EMS training
- documentation development
- on-going EMS implementation and maintenance
- assistance in developing funding applications to support environmental initiatives
These services can be used in isolation or as a package, tailored to suit your individual needs.
Additionally, supply chain, stakeholder and neighbor assessment and facilitation can be provided on request. We can also provide support through the certification and audit processes.
Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre Green Globe Certification
Ecosure has successfully assisted the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre (GCCEC) to reach Certification under the Green Globe program. The GCCEC is one of the first convention facilities in Australia to achieve the prestigious Green Globe Certified Silver status.
Green Globe is an international certification program specifically developed for the travel and tourism industry. It recognises GCCEC's commitment to operate at the world's highest environmental standard by continually improving their environmental and social sustainability.
Ecosure was recently interviewed by Pam Ellis (Gold Coast Ambassador), who did a story about the GCCEC and their Green Globe Certification for Nine Gold Coast News.
Ecosure has been working with the GCCEC's Green Committee over the last twelve months to assess their current environmental performance, outline initiatives for ongoing improvements and achieve Silver Certification with the Green Globe Program. The GCCEC's Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy reflects the Centre's commitment to the Green Globe Program.
There are numerous steps outlined within the Green Globe company standard that lead to Benchmarking (Bronze) and then Certification. The benchmarking step of the Green Globe Program required GCCEC to collect information relating the Centre's performance and this was submitted for an external audit. The GCCEC successfully achieved benchmarking status, with water and energy consumption being above industry best practice.
With assistance from Ecosure, the GCCEC also completed a risk assessment, developed an Environmental Management Plan and implemented a staff training program. In July 2009 the GCCEC received Silver Certification, and the Centre's Green Committee is already thinking of ways they can make further environmental and social improvements to the Centre.
Eco Business Cluster - Gold Coast
Ecosure has joined with the Queensland State Government to establish a ClimateSmart Business Cluster on the Gold Coast. This program is funded by the Queensland Department of Environment and Resource Management (DERM). Businesses participating in the ClimateSmart program will be supported in their efforts to achieve cost savings and take advantage of the profitability of improved environmental performance.
A ClimateSmart Business is committed to taking action on climate change through:
- reducing their energy and water consumption
- reducing their waste production
- considering more sustainable options in their business activities.
There are many advantages for ClimateSmart Business:
- Achieve resource and cost savings through:
- increased efficiency in the use of energy, water and materials
- a reduction in waste disposal
- improved productivity
- Enhanced business management through:
- implementation of goals and programs for work teams
- improved staff morale
- the development and strengthening of business networks
Potential business development/competitive benefits through:
- promotion of the business and business cluster as providers of environmentally friendly goods and services
- meeting the communities expectations for improved environmental performance
- enabling the business to be a market leader.
Carbon Neutral Conference
Ecosure calculated the carbon footprint of the Ibis National Conference in order to offset all associated greenhouse gas emissions.After in depth calculations Ecosure used GreenPower and Origin to deliver the conference as carbon neutral.
Other Project Experience
Our team’s experience also includes:
- policy development, education, extension and research
- project leader to implement EMS on dairy farms from NSW/Vic to Far North Qld
- development and delivery of EMS training programs
- assisting business address their environmental management using programs such as Green Globe, ecoBiz , and Ecomapping
- organisation of environmentally focused events such as conferences, seminars and workshops
- preparation and publication of EMS related articles and papers.
Julie Whelan. BSc (Hons) Conservation Biology. Principal Environmental Scientist.
Julie has extensive experience in preparing Environmental Management Plans and recently assisted a Convention Centre become certified under the Green Globe program. She is a trained ecoBiz facilitator and has undertaken eco-efficiency site surveys and developed action plans to reduce environmental impacts. She has also developed carbon reduction action plans and life cycle assessment for greenhouse gas emissions. Julie is experienced in the preparation of ecological assessment reports and management plans and in field based flora and fauna surveys across a variety of locations. Julie is also knowledgeable in the application of relevant Local, State and Commonwealth government regulations with a biodiversity conservation focus.
Jess Baglin. BEnvSc (Ecotourism). Environmental Scientist.
Jess is a trained ecoBiz facilitator. She has had experience in the Green Globe accreditation program and recently completed a RABQSA recognised environmental auditor training course. She attended a Queensland Water and Energy Sustainable Technologies Network forum, which focused on efficient lighting and the benefits to Queensland businesses both financially and environmentally. Jess is also involved in wildlife management, specifically Australian White Ibis Programs in Queensland and New South Wales. This has led to experience in scientific writing, preparation of avifauna management programs and stakeholder/client liaison. Previous experience as an environment guide has provided Jess with skills required for environmental education and interpretation.
Carla McKevitt. BSc (Hons). Ecologist and Vegetation Team Leader.
Carla is a trained ecoBiz facilitator. She has excellent communication skills and has worked in numerous projects requiring community consultation. Carla was an Environmental Compliance Officer during the eight months of the Gold Coast Airport Runway Extension project, requiring environmental monitoring and communication skills. She has contributed to many Ecosure vegetation surveys, worked in the field on revegetation sites and performed extensive aerial mapping projects.